Monday, April 27, 2009

Jowders: A Sophisticated Meeting Place

Adventures in Adventureland!

Last night we (Pete, Alex, Chad, Luke, Brad, and I) went out the the Wilton Town Theatre...which may or may not be the coolest/weirdest movie theatre ever. It's in the town hall, and it looks like it might have been a vaudville stage at some point or another. There is no marquee or glass ticketbooth, just a little folding sign that we missed while staring right at it. It's a great old building, and Alex, Chad, Luke, and Brad all got in for free because they're space travelers from the future (actually, the place only takes cash and the atm was broken, so the guy behind the counter just let them in. how nice!)

The movie (Adventureland) was great, and I recommend that you all go out and see it. I'm not going to tell you anything about it because I do not wish to ruin it for you. Not that it's full of plot-twists or anything like that, I just want you to experience it in your own way - then we can talk about it.

Did I mention that it was gorgeous out all weekend? So we went out into the gorgeous summer (I know, I know, it's still April) night with a weird sense of teenage nostalgia and all that jazz (which is odd, because the movie isn't about teenagers). Being all hopped up on "That Teenage Feeling" (ALEX! that reference is for you!), Alex, Pete, and I decided it was necessary to drive back to the school and jump into Pearly Pond.

Brad came with us, but he is a chicken, and now he's going to regret not jumping with us for the next 40 years. No big deal.

We ran out to the dock, and GOSH! There were people sitting out on it! We'd have to interrupt them...but lo and behold, it was Lizz and Nora! Lizz and Nora are pretty friggen cool, so they jumped in with us.

GOOD GOD the pond was absolutley freezing! I had been cold before we jumped in, then I nearly froze to death in the water, but after climbing out of that ice trap I was completley fine...warmer, in fact, than I had been before jumping in.

Sam and Kelsey came down to laugh at us, and now they'll regret not jumping in 40 years as well. Hahaha.

It didn't rain, but there was a storm gathering out beyond the pond at the sky lit up several times with lightning flashes. Excellent.

We are all since warm and dry, but now I'm sitting in the library nursing a goddamn cold. blargh.

No comments:

Post a Comment